Land Use Planning Section was established under a World Bank assisted “Hill Farming Technical Development Project” in 1978. Recently facilities have been upgraded.
At the time of Establishment following Main targets of Land Use Planning were
- Aerial photography of main agricultural area of Azad Kashmir
- Production of large scale topographical contour base maps.
- Assessment of land use patterns.
- Development of Land Capability and Land Suitability Classification systems for AJK.
- Thematic maps production on sub-watershed basis.
- Present land use survey and land capability assessment.